Thursday, April 1, 2010

Good Bye Singapore


Good morning Singapore. A taxi drive named Gua Chee Leong took me to the train station. The first thing he said when I got into the taxi was 'To the airport?'. I clarified that I wanted to go to the train station and he was saying that not many people go to the train station nowadays. A bit sad. It is a beautiful station.


Samantha came down to send me off. But it was very early, 6.30am and she had to have a cup of Teh Aliah to wake her up.


And Sam taking some photos of me. I guess this is good because there is no way I could take pictures of myself with my rucksack and back pack together. I will have to return to Singapore to see the pictures though. Thanks Sam, for the send off and pictures.


The journey beckons...


Frosted windows looking up at Singaporean flats.


The first thing I notice while traveling, the very first thing really, is how small Singapore is. Sometimes I think of Malaysia as Johor Bahru or Kuala Lumpur, but Malaysia is a huge country. And there is so much space, it just feels more open and reminds me of how small I am.



Kuala Lumpur Central Station


The comfortable clients of KTM.



Afternoon rain.

I am in Penang now. The trip has started and for those of you who were wondering, this is not an April Fool's joke.

2 comments:

MadMonkey said...

And away he goes on an adventure we watch from the sidelines... wonder how your first night went...

Heng said...

The first night went great. I am staying at the Trader's Hotel in Penang. I got a good deal off Zuji. And it is a nice hotel. I just found out today that it is pretty central as well!