Monday, January 11, 2010

The trip in planning

It is January 2010 and I plan to leave on the trip of my lifetime on April Fool's Day. I think it is an appropriate day to go, for it is the fool in me that allows me to dream, to believe that things can work out. The pragmatic in me would just balk at the enormity of the idea, shit myself and go back to sleep.

I have given myself eight months for this trip, but the actual journey from Singapore to London would take approximately 5 and a half months. I will have about two months back in the United Kingdom. It is hard to believe that I spent nine year of my life in the United Kingdom. I will take this opportunity when I get to UK to visit friends that I have not been able to see on my short trips back so far.

I am not planning a torturous trip and not a luxurious one. And I am getting excited by what I am planning. And I know that it is not just about the places that I will be going to and seeing, but it is also a chance for me to shake up my entire viewpoint to life. To get rid of the old personal barriers and see new vistas, new possibilities.

So, three months before the journey begins physically, the journey has already begun in me.

0 comments: